Friday, September 19, 2008

You Are Where God Wants You To Be

The next time your morning seems to be going wrong and the kids
are slow getting dressed and you can't seem to find the car keys
and you hit every traffic light, don't get mad or frustrated.
Praise God instead, because God is at work watching over you.

After Sept. 11, I happened to call a man on business whom I
didn't know and haven't, nor will probably ever talk to again.
But on this particular day, he felt like talking. He was the
head of security for a company that had invited the remaining
members of another company who had been decimated by the attack
on the Twin Towers to share their office space.

With his voice full of awe, he told me stories of why these
people are alive and their counterparts no longer were. In the
end, all the stories were just about little things that happen
to us.

You might know the head of the company got in late that day
because his son started kindergarten.

Another fellow is alive because it was his turn to bring
donuts. There were other stories that I hope and pray will
someday be gathered and put in a book. The one that struck me
was the man who put on a new pair of shoes that morning, took
the various means to get to work but before he got there, he
developed a blister on his foot. He stopped at a drugstore to
buy a Band-Aid. That is why he is alive today.

Now when I am stuck in traffic, miss an elevator, turn back to
answer a ringing telephone... all the little things that annoy
me, I think to myself, this is exactly where God wants me to
be at this very moment.

May God continue to bless you with all those annoying little
things.

No comments: