Thursday, January 29, 2009

I Saw Jesus Today

I Saw Jesus Last Week. He was wearing blue jeans and an old shirt. He was up at the church building; He was alone and working hard. For just a minute he looked a little like one of our church members. But it was Jesus, I could tell by his smile.

I saw Jesus last Sunday. He was teaching a Bible class. He didn't talk real loud or use long words, But you could tell he believed what he said. For just a minute, he looked like my Sunday School teacher. But it was Jesus, I could tell by his loving voice.

I saw Jesus yesterday. He was at the hospital visiting a friend who was sick. They prayed together quietly. For just a minute he looked like our minister. But it was Jesus, I could tell by the tears in his eyes.

I saw Jesus this morning. He was in my kitchen making my breakfast He then fixed me a special lunch to take with me. For just a minute he looked like my Mom. But it was Jesus, I could feel the love from his heart.

I saw Jesus today. He was praying on his knees all alone. He then began to cry for those he prayed for. For just a minute he looked like a lady from our church. But it was Jesus, I could see the compassion poured out of his prayer.

I saw Jesus the other day. He was at the grocery store talking to a friend. He then put his arms around them to comfort them. For just a minute he looked like a young mother in our ladies class. But it was Jesus, I could see the concern for others who hurt.

I see Jesus everywhere, Taking food to the sick, Welcoming others to his home, Being friendly to a newcomer And for just a minute I think he's someone I know. But it's always Jesus, I can tell by the way he serves.

Let someone see Jesus in you today. "As the Father has sent me, so send I you."

No comments: