Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Lord's Test

I woke up this morning and knew that today ,
The sun would not be shining
and the clouds would be gray.

As I stepped outside ,
rain fell upon my head.
My car wouldn't start
so I walked to school instead.

I forgot all of my assignments
I failed all of my tests.
I dropped my head in disgust
and asked the Lord for
one request.

'Lord , why is it that
things won't go my way?'
He gently replied ,
'Dear child it is because
you didn't thank me yesterday.

I woke you up and enabled
you to see the sun again.
I gave you shelter ,
protected your family , and even let
you make a new friend.

I blessed you far
greater than I ever had before.
But you were too busy
to thank me once more.

You didn't feel sick
because I maintained your health.
You had money in your pocket
because I maintained your wealth.

You had shoes on you feet
and clothes to wear , too.
You had plenty of food to eat ,
and what did you do?

You ignored me and went
about your tasks.
But when you wanted something
you never hesitated to ask.

I was there when you needed me
and that wasn't too long ago.
But when things started going your way ,
it was me you did not know.

As if that weren't enough ,
I provided your favorite luxuries.
This was something I didn't have
to do-they weren't even necessities.

And when it was time to get on your
knees and show your gratitude ,
You decided that after such a
fulfilling day , you weren't in the mood.

So I decided to
give you just a little test.
To show you how it would feel
to stop being blessed.'

I began to realize what
the Lord was saying.
And when I got home , I fell
to my knees and started praying.

He said , 'My child , you have
learned and you know I do forgive.
But remember to remember this day
as long as you shall live.

I love filling your life with joy ,
and your pain I'll alleviate it.
But just a simple thank you
would show how much you
appreciate it.'

No comments: